Thursday 1 January 2009

Welcome to my otter watching blog


About this blog

For enthusiasts who have visited Shetland or perhaps intend to, I hope to share my passion for otters with this blog, providing an insight into the secret life of Shetland’s otter families that give me so much pleasure through out the year. The blog will be updated regularly (though bear in mind that in winter especially, a week or more may pass without suitable weather for observations).

Although I have grown extremely fond of many different individuals over the years and often felt as if relationship of mutual trust and respect has been built, I have always avoided the temptation to name the otters I study. My main and personal reason for this is that they truly are wild animals and naming them, harmless as it may be, some how humanises their existence.